Sunday, June 5, 2011

corrections and retractions ツ

my little bird, which i thought was a dusky warbler, turns out to be a bewick's wren.  though dusky warblers have been seen in california, it would have been quite a rare sighting down here in LA.  my biology professor and amateur ornithologist brother-in-law got me straightened out!

these bird parents are busy all day long, feeding their babies, who chirp long and loud for their frequent meals!  they are so quick that i continue to have difficulty snapping a decent picture.
new mystery bird... a pair live in my neighbor's yard.  i have NO idea what this one is!

knitting will return in my next post.  lots of dishcloths, for some reason!

1 comment:

Leena said...

WE have vanellus vanellus, parus cristatus.

A little bit same kind of ;)

Today girls are starting swimmingshool.