Monday, January 25, 2010

anyone know a good plastic surgeon?

ackkk! i hate how my neck looks!


back to the knitting. here is one of my softest, most scrumptious fabric creations ever. this is like a cloud, it is so fluffy. this is a perfect portrait neckline.

using 2 skeins of the deceptively chunky debbie bliss donegal luxury tweed, a 40" size 11 circular needle and the moebius cast-on that is very similar to a provisional cast-on (the cat bordhi one), cast on 95 stitches. knit 3 rows, purl 3 rows until you have .6 oz. of yarn left, then do a really stretchy bind off. it takes a lot of yarn, but it's worth it. here's what the edge looks like: it's perfect with the fabric, and rolls to the stockinette side nice and tightly.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, your neck looks just fine, especially accented by your gorgeous wrap! I love that tweed. I think I'm going to make a similar wrap for my Olympics project, but a self-design and not twisted...